PDA

View Full Version : Don't know if anemone is eating?

Caliloaner
10/09/2007, 11:11 AM
My anemone is in a spot now where he is somewhat visible but I cannot directly see his mouth... I am shooting mysis shrimp right to the middle of him but I don't know if he's eating them? I don't want it to die... I've had him for a week and a half now and his bulbs are out and he looks happy but he doesn't tense up and eat his food... I don't even know if they tense up to eat I just imagin they do?? some help please?

Lance M.
10/09/2007, 11:35 AM
Whenever I feed my bta it inflates it's tentacles about 3x their normal size for about an hour and it engulfs the food in under 30 seconds.

It's good to feed mysis but you should also feed a little bigger meaty things like shrimp, scallops, silversides.

Caliloaner
10/09/2007, 11:44 AM
thanks for the info, but it doesn't do any of that is just waves in the current... It moved around alot when I first got it and it has now settled I think... I never know... it moves every couple days it seems like... It just chilles...

gberry
10/09/2007, 09:23 PM
Anemones do not necessarily need to eat large foods in order to survive and thrive. Assuming yours isn't totally bleached and still has it's zooxanthellae, it can produce much of it's energy requirements through photosynthesis. I'd suggest direct feeding it cyclopeeze or oyster eggs a few times a week also, they can filter that from the water.