PDA

View Full Version : Will my clown hurt this

vader88
10/09/2007, 05:47 PM
I put in a plate coral today and my sebae clown took a immediate liking to it. He just goes in a kicks up his fins and relaxes, not doing any damage and the plate doesn't seem to be closing up so I'm guessing these two are going to get along. Only downside is the clown seem to really be protective, not letting other fish get near the plate.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m68/vader86_2006/IMG_4938640x480.jpg

Chaotic Reefer4u
10/09/2007, 05:51 PM
In my experience i think the plate coral will be fine, just keep an eye on it though because if you start seeing it bubble up or retract its tentacles then that just might be a sign of distress and you should intervene as soon as possible, hope this helps...

vader88
10/09/2007, 05:57 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10938321#post10938321 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Chaotic Reefer4u
In my experience i think the plate coral will be fine, just keep an eye on it though because if you start seeing it bubble up or retract its tentacles then that just might be a sign of distress and you should intervene as soon as possible, hope this helps...

ok good to know, I knew there was a chance he'd be interested since he always hung out around the frogspawn and he loved anemone when I had them, nice to see the relationship as long as no one gets hurt. Worst comes to worst, I'll have to move it up because the clown doesn't like to leave the bottom much