PDA

View Full Version : what fish would be alright?

rickosteen
10/09/2007, 08:15 PM
ok i have a 55 gallon tank lr and ls im wondering what fish could i have together and be ok together?im wanting clownfish what kind do you recommend if any?also is it possible to have a species only take of clownfish?

zma21
10/09/2007, 08:31 PM
Most people will disagree, but i love my pair of Gold Stripe Maroon clownfish. In a 55, i wouldn't have multiple types of clownfish, if that i what you mean by species only. A pair would be fine, though.

coast2coast7390
10/09/2007, 10:11 PM
im not disagreeing but i liked my clarkii clown...even though he was a mean S0B
but my current clown is a tomato clown...it had a partner but she died the night before the move

loosecannon
10/09/2007, 10:41 PM
Amphiprion ocellaris = ( nemo ), A. melanopus =(tommato, fire Cinnamon).

ILoveReefer
10/09/2007, 11:28 PM
I have a Maroon. Very protective of his territory. He only allows the yellow tang into his corner of the tank. When I put my hand in the tank for cleaning he goes into attack mode and tries to bite me. Good thing hes only about 3 inches. I know this sounds wierd but hes my favorite fish.

rickosteen
10/10/2007, 04:46 AM
how many of the nemo fish can you keep in a 55 gallon tank?(sorry not sure on the real name i think its percula clown but not sure)is just a pair all i can keep i wanted to get like 3 pair but if there going to fight then i wont.

dzeadow
10/10/2007, 06:51 AM
I've been told on here that any more than 1 pair will get out of control. The two more dominant will pick on the others until they die. However, I have heard that keeping a third "may" be ok. It just depends on whether or not the third will try to fight the others to establish dominance and kill one of the others or get killed in the process.. but sometimes they're happy just being the low guy on the totem... Depends on your luck I guess

dzeadow
10/10/2007, 06:53 AM
Also, Nemo's are generally A Ocellaris.. but the Percula look just like them but sometime have more black on the spererator bars and may also have splotches of ranging between the white stripes where Ocellaris tend to have a very small black bar between white and orange (unless you're looking at the black ocellaris which is all black with white stripes)

dwd5813
10/10/2007, 06:07 PM
I wonder if browsing in the anemone and clownfish (http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=&forumid=36) forum may help you answer some of your questions?