PDA

View Full Version : zoo eaters?

gusmanda
10/11/2007, 11:25 AM
Does anyone have a list of most common zoa eaters? My zoo colonies have been slowly decreasing during the last couple of months, however I have been unable to pin-point the exact problem, sinthe the rest of the corals are doing well.

DetectiveTofu
10/11/2007, 12:20 PM
I have heard stories of larger amphipods munching on colonies at night time. For a better list, and just general information on zoanthids, I would check out www.Zoaid.com

gusmanda
10/11/2007, 04:09 PM
are there any threads already out there perhaps?

hexedagain
10/14/2007, 09:01 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10952424#post10952424 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by gusmanda
are there any threads already out there perhaps?

Yep, they have several on the above listed link. Time to do some homework.:D

adam_kips
10/15/2007, 02:47 PM
have a close look through all your zoos. i'm having a similar problem and its nudis. i found a couple in the past month and lost my favorite zoa frag and had no idea why until the other day when i seen a nudi going through the base of one of my frags. just finished going through all my zoas and removed 5 more of those nudibranches. i'm going to try and catch my sixline in my big tank but i think i will have to order one online and get it saturday.

gusmanda
10/15/2007, 03:10 PM
I already have a six-line wrasse, so I guess it's not nudi's in my case. What other fish are good at protecting zoo's? I have a copperband butterfly, a yellow tang, a blue damsel, and maroon clown. The marron clown sometimes knocks down rocks, but I haven't seen him biting any zoo's. The butterfly likes to pick around all of the corals, but have never seen it actually biting a coral (and I've spent lots of hours watching it). Should I just take the zoos out and look at the rock more closely?

MUCHO REEF
10/15/2007, 05:37 PM
A list and link of fish whom will consume nudis.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1167318

Mucho Reef

adam_kips
10/17/2007, 01:00 PM
sixline isn't a sure thing from what i've been reading. nice list mucho. i've been lookin at it the past couple days and i'd like to try a green or yellow wrasse but i'm worried they might nip at my clams. haven't seen any nudies the past couple days either so i got my fingers crossed.

just curious on how much water to use and how much iodine for doing a dip for 10-15 minutes?