PDA

View Full Version : Emperor Angel(juvenile)-Tail rot-HELP

CoppBandbuttfly
10/12/2007, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I bought it one week ago. Tail started getting while stuff(cloudy like) on it 2nd day. It's all over the whole tail now with small part of tail disappeared/lost this morning.

I looked up Drs Foster Smith and it seems it's called ROT. Surprisingly it has been doing good and eating well. It does not seem to bother it, but obviously it's not good that part of the tail was gone now. I have been feeding it flake, pellet, and brine shrimp. The rest of my other fishes are all doing fine.

Pls help on how to treat this disease.

Thanks.

kevin2000
10/12/2007, 04:36 PM
Fin rot is usually a bacterial problem .. can clear up on its own if you maintain good water quality conditions and feed the fish healthy food. If the fish doesn't improve on its own then Qt combined with an antibiotic should help. Maracyn 2 should work and is readily available.

CoppBandbuttfly
10/13/2007, 07:03 AM
Kevin2000,

Thanks. I suppose tail rot is same as fin rot as my angel's fins are still fine, no rot. I went to my LFS and they suggested Maracyn-2 also. I am going to separate my angel with Maracyn-2 on a QT tank. Are the foods I mentioned healthy enough for the angel now?

karlyhui
10/13/2007, 09:11 AM
Hi

I did a qt with Maracyn 2 (blueface), these med will cause the fish not to eat and blotches will appear. Do monitor the water.

Crazy One
10/22/2007, 08:58 PM
Not to stick my 2 cents in but isn't maracyn 2 labeled for freshwater or will it work in saltwater as well?

Percula9
10/23/2007, 04:41 PM
I prefer Furan2 I think it works very well.