PDA

View Full Version : false pers hosting rbta

vr697getta
10/12/2007, 08:43 PM
its been in my tank alittle more that a day picked a spot and stayed there
the only thing is my clown fish won't go near it i know that its not a 100 percent that they will host but about how long till i give up hope
the clowns are false percs
thanks roland

reefman13
10/12/2007, 08:47 PM
Someone said to me that it took 6 months for their false percs to realize that the RBTA was an RBTA.

IME I have had my anemone for about a month and a half, and there is no sign of them hosing it....YET:)

vr697getta
10/12/2007, 08:53 PM
yeah i love the anemone either way but i would be sweet if the clown would host it right now they seem afraid of it

xxpipedreamxx
10/12/2007, 11:21 PM
It is better IMO for the BTA to get settled into it's new home without the added stress of clowns pestering it to death, often literally. Some clowns may never host. There is no answer technically to what you are asking. Some hop in right away and other take well over a year IME.

vr697getta
10/12/2007, 11:49 PM
i understand that and like i said before the rbta looks great even without the clowns hosting it (if they choose not to)

a4twenty
10/13/2007, 05:02 AM
BTA's are not a natural host for false percs, here is a link (http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf) to a really good anemone FAQ that explains which clowns go with which nem's and a lot more. you may get lucky and they will host, sometimes they do sometimes they don't.

good luck :)

Mattmcf
10/13/2007, 05:48 PM
I have heard that if the clowns are farm raised they are a bit more reluctant to host in an anemone because they are not used to them. A local reefer told me she got hers to host by printing a picture of clowns in an anemone (as close to your clown/anemone combination as possible) and taping it to the side of your aquarium so they can see it. I placed the picture on my tank with the clowns/carpet a few days ago. I will let you know if it works or if i am on the bad end of reefer's practical joke.

vr697getta
10/13/2007, 06:04 PM
mattmcf i have heard of that before i wasn't to sure of it but it can't hurt to try right

Lance M.
10/13/2007, 08:09 PM
IME and many others it doesn't matter whether the clowns are tank raised or wild caught. It depends on the individuals.

It took my Ocellaris pair (one tank raised and one wildcaught) 6 months before they started hosting my bta.