PDA

View Full Version : Skimmer ain't working.. i think

chuppy
10/12/2007, 09:06 PM
I am using a TAAM Rio HOB skimmer made for nano tanks on my 10gal with 10 corals and 3 inverts and a fish.... so far.. it's been exactly 2 weeks since installation... some folks here told me it would take some time for it to work ... so i waited... well the microbubbles level did go dowm.. but the skimming ain't up to it's efficiency.. i suspect the cause is that there isn't enough air going by the venturi...

This is what that has been happening

Day 1- the bubbles reach up to 1/5 of the 'tube' in the collection cup
Day 2- ''ditto
Day 3- 2/5
Day 4- 2/5
Day 5- 3/5
Day 6- I am seeing skimming... there are some stuff collected in the collection cup....
day 7 - It still continues to skim effectively i think... the bubbles in the tube always build up to 3/5 of it
Day 8 - i assumed that the skimmer started working so i didn't really pay attention to it till few days ago..

Day 11- 1/5 of bubbles formed in the tube in the collection cup
Day 12- same - no skimming done.. bubble levels low
Day 13- no skimming done... same
Day 14- no skimming done...same(present)

That is the rough chart i made up.... sorry if my English ain't that good ... Oh yea i wonder if this helps but the water temperature is 25.5Celcius and the salinity is 1.0245

demonsp
10/12/2007, 09:09 PM
With only 1 fish it may not collect anything. As long as you get good foam in the collection cup area then the skimmer is working. If no foam just water in the cup area then its not working.