PDA

View Full Version : Midnight Black Angelfish

JoeMomma
10/13/2007, 01:46 PM
Has anyone ever owned one of these? Any feedback on their behavior and maintenance?

Thanks!

msn711
10/13/2007, 03:04 PM
I tried one once. It was extremely shy and timid. Never came out to eat. Died a few days later. Beautiful fish, but not sure if they're supposed to be hard to keep.

ACBlinky
10/13/2007, 04:16 PM
Are we talking about Centropyge nox? I've never owned one, but I imagine they're similar to other members of the Centropyge family in terms of personality and care requirements. I've read that they do tend to be a bit shy, more like a Potter's or golden angel than, say, a flame or coral beauty. I watched on at the LFS for a while (contemplated buying it) and it behaved like a typical dwarf angel - picking at the substrate and tank walls, swimming in and out of the decorations, etc.

msn711 - sorry to hear that. Sounds like you might have had one that was sick from the start, that's too bad :(

JoeMomma
10/13/2007, 05:19 PM
Correct ACBlinky, centropyge nox is the one I am talking about. Its on my short list of fish for my new tank. I would like to keep it with either a flame or coral beauty angel but have read conflicting reports that it will or will not mix with other dwarfs.

GoingPostal
10/13/2007, 05:52 PM
It's a bad risk mixing any dwarfs, you won't know if they are going to kill each other until you put them both in, not something I would do.