PDA

View Full Version : Help! good and bad news lol

chuppy
10/15/2007, 04:30 AM
Hey there,
As some of you out there may know of my tank which had a chaotic start... this is what that is happening to my 10gal. tank..(equipment at least)

I have a prot. skimmer made by TAAM Inc. Rio HOB skimmer ... it has been working efficiently for the last 2 days.... (it's in operation for the past 2 weeks) it's been great but microbubbles!!!!

Well, the good news is that.. my Hang-On Metal Halide(150W) arrived yesterday!! the view of the tank is great! (with the shimmer and all) and that MH alone could lights up my whole living room!

Now why did i put Help!! in the title? well... the Skimmer is producing microbubbles and the amount has decreased from initial set-up and now it still has a handful enough to annoy me ! and it distrupts the great view the MH is producing..!

What can i do to decrease the microbubbles ? So far i listened to one of my suppliers he told me to run the skimmer at night when im not watching .. (14 hours LED moonlight,skimmer 10 hours MH 20k 150w)

Thanks in advance

chuppy
10/15/2007, 07:01 AM
anyone?

BangkokMatt
10/15/2007, 07:14 AM
Ok. Firstly try turning your protein skimmer down a little. This will prevent the bubbles. How quickly is the collection cup filling?
Check your air valves on your skimmer if they are not sealed, seal them (blu-tak will do it)
I would have the skimmer on 24/7 it works better that way.

Aside from that, you do not want 10 hours of 150w MH in a 10g. Go down slowly to about 7. That will be more than enough. No need for sun tanned fish.
Good luck.

chuppy
10/15/2007, 07:18 AM
It is filling up every week for now though
the air-valve is venturi...

hmmm 7 hours of plain MH? Btw.. i do not have athnics.. so is it advisable to get one?