PDA

View Full Version : Pederson's Anemone Shrimp

Riverspirit
10/15/2007, 05:55 PM
Hiya everyone, I'm kind of new here. I have an 24 gallon nanocube that has a pistol shrimp, a hi-fin red banded goby, a fire shrimp, numerous hermits and snails, and am planning on getting an purple firefish, and an B&W ocella. clown. I have a toadstool leather, some zoa's, and a few rics. I am planning on getting some GSP though. My question is if I am able to properly house an Pedersons Anemone Shrimp. I worry that the clown will host the toadstool, and so will the shrimp, and will the pistol shrimp eat the little guy? Also, can the shrimp live comfortably without an anemone? Thanks all for any help.:)

yiliyang
10/17/2007, 02:26 PM
good luck buddy. It really depend on the pistol shrimp. I have one that is very nasty, it almost killed a shrimp gobie. A paterson anemone shrimp is tiny, if your pistol is large and badly tempered, it may eat the little guy. A toad stool is not an anemone, your clown may not like to host in it.

My pistol is a Caribbean specie.

Riverspirit
10/17/2007, 05:03 PM
Thank you Yili, I decided against getting the Pederson, as I think my tank will be stocked well enough without it.