PDA

View Full Version : 29 gal refugium setup, for a 72 bow (fuge newb here)

tcgreaux
10/15/2007, 07:56 PM
I used to live in the virgin islands 5 years ago and the bigest tank i own was a 55 gal custom made with a mahogany frame, fish only with canister filtration, now i moved to Fl and have been bouncing around since. so the tank of choice was an all-glass 29 gal black trim with black silicone. Now that ive settled in to my permanant home in orlando. i want to go bigger and harder. i bought a 72 bow front all-glass an the stand is one the way. i have a 10 gal with all my fish that i wanted to keep a p-clown a figi blue devil, and a blue damsel. resons for keeping, they been with me from the start since i moved to fl. Now i have my 29 gal that i want to make in to a refugium, ive never knew what a refugium was till tryed lookin for a forum for aquariums. i put something to geter in paint with specs included but not to scale. my names tim btw.

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i245/crazy2win/refugium.jpg

bertoni
10/16/2007, 01:05 AM
I'd recommend posting in New to the Hobby for more views.

I don't understand what all the pieces are. How does water get to the skimmer? Is that a drain line from the tank going into that section? Is that a tube running through the sandbed?

tcgreaux
10/16/2007, 07:44 AM
yea you got it thats a drain lin from the tank to the scimmer section, and a drain line in the fuge.

bertoni
10/16/2007, 03:09 PM
I'd just have the refugium overflow into the return section. I think it'd be simpler and less problem-prone. The overflow can be made more quiet in various ways if that's an issue. In either case, I'd have plenty of baffline on the path from the refugium to the return pump.

curthendrix
10/16/2007, 03:39 PM
I would have the fuge overflow into the skimmer section too...with a baffle. Simpler is better most of the time in this hobby when plumbing is concerned.