PDA

View Full Version : I need help with my LTA

billhig1
10/19/2007, 06:16 AM
This morning I found my LTA floating around in my tank. I went out and came back and found him stuck to my power head. Can anyone tell me how to get it off? I shut off the power head hoping it will come off.

jon99
10/19/2007, 06:32 AM
I would leave it for the time being to see if it will dislodge itself. Read here... http://www.karensroseanemones.com/coverpowerheads.htm

billhig1
10/19/2007, 06:41 AM
Thank you. The information you provided is extremely helpful. I will leave him and hopefully he will come off. It looks like he is starting to come off a bit.

billhig1
10/20/2007, 07:00 AM
The LTA detached itself from my power head last night and attached it self to a rock. This morning I found it stuck in the power head again. My other LTA is doing just fine.

dragonette
10/20/2007, 01:47 PM
make sure all powerheads are covered with some sort of mesh or sponge to prevent damage to your critter. LTAs like to have thier foot in the sand more-so than just on the rocks. Find a lower flowing area of the tank, dig a hole, shove the anemone foot in (gently lol) and place a rock next to him. They usually attach in the sand with the base of thier foot on a rock.

this is not the average method for say 'a new anemone' but yours is definetly unhappy so I would at least try it.

How long have you had him?
What kind of lighting is on the tank?
What are you feeding him... and how often?

Good Luck
Jess

also.. any pics?

billhig1
10/20/2007, 09:13 PM
Thank you. I will try that and hope he stays put.