PDA

View Full Version : 6100 not working

rdnyva
10/19/2007, 08:56 AM
I have two 6100s on a 7095 multicontroller. The alarm went off yesterday and when I consulted my manual and this site I figured it was time to clean them. There was quite a bit of calcium deposits on the drive shaft so I soaked them in vinegar overnight, this morning they were clean. First question: besides the rotor is there anything else that is removable and needs to be cleaned (didn't look like it and didn't want to force anything). So I reassembled everything and the right stream does not work. I opened up both and switched the drive shafts and rotors, same result - the right side does not work. I've also noticed that the right side transformer and driver box is hot to the touch while the left side is cool. Question 2 - What is the problem and where do I start to trouble shoot this? Thanks in advance.

rvitko
10/19/2007, 09:24 AM
It sounds like the right side pump has an electronics problem- send it in for repair.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin TX 78753

Besides the drive unit the upper bearing, an oring and a bearing bush pull out. These are shown in the manual and in the cleaning thread posted here.

rdnyva
10/19/2007, 10:01 AM
update - I swithced the tranformers and both work so Im sure it's not a transformer problem. I would like to switch the drivers to eliminate or confirm that is the problem but the wire from the pump to the driver is hard wired, not plug in. What is your recommendation? Send it in for repair? I beleive it is still under warranty, one and half years old, but I do not have my receipt. It was bought from premium aquatics so I may be able to request a copy.

rvitko
10/19/2007, 11:16 AM
Yes, please send it in so we can test them and repair them.