PDA

View Full Version : RBTA - should I move it?

zibba
10/19/2007, 09:40 AM
I added a smaller rbta about 3-4 weeks ago. When I first added it, it was looking very health. Over the next week or so it began moving around the tank to find a more permanent spot. Unfortunately, its made a home in a very dark spot of the the tank where it's very difficult/impossible to fed. I'm worried that it isn't getting enough food or light. I haven't been able to target feed it since it moved to the new spot, but I can tell it isn't looking "healthy". My water parameters are all very stable, and everything else in the tank is doing really well. I have gbta that is doing very will, but this poor guy just isn't looking so hot. I keep expecting/hoping for it to move during the night, but each morning I wake up to see it in the same miserable spot.

I would hate to further stress it out by moving it, but I'm worried that if it stays in its current location, it won't be able to get enough food to have energy to move. Any suggestions.

Here is a picture from when I first added it:
http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z187/zibba02/TankShots-9-21-0711.jpg

WDLV
10/19/2007, 10:13 AM
Leave it alone. That's the best advise I can give. It will find its own spot that it likes. Mine have disappeared into the rock work for weeks before only to reappear later and settle in.

zibba
10/19/2007, 11:29 AM
That's the road I've been going down so far. But it just looks so sad where it is, compared to the first week I had it.

Lance M.
10/19/2007, 04:10 PM
What are the specifics on your water parameters? Your NO2, NO3, PO4, pH, etc.

I would also leave it alone and see what happens.

zibba
10/19/2007, 09:09 PM
Water Parameters:
NO2 - not detected
N03 - not detected
PO4 - not detected
pH - 8.1
Ca - 440 ppm
Alk - 3.72 meq/l
Mag - 1340
Temp - 79.4

dc
10/19/2007, 09:15 PM
You can drop food through a lift tube so it goes to the anemone. I've done that when I only had pellets to feed it. Worked great. I usually use a pair of tongs to direct feed mine.

zibba
10/20/2007, 07:55 AM
Just to update:

I guess I just had to express my concern online before the anemone would perk up. Today it is fully inflated an looks 100% better than the past 2 weeks. I would say it isn't completely back to normal, but I look at it today and can confidentially say that it is in good health and will make it! I'll try to post pictures if possible (currently on a rock facing the back of the tank).

Good advices not to move it - thanks everyone.

dc - I feed my larger gbta with a tong, but my rbta doesn't seem to take from it. Maybe I will try your "feeding tube" idea this afternoon.

Cheers!

Lance M.
10/20/2007, 11:37 AM
Glad to hear its doing good.

I hand feed my btas, lta, and rock nem.