Nitrite:0
Nitrate:15ppm
Calcium:just under 300
Alkalinity:140
Ph:8.0

What should I do to adjust these slightly to be better

chk4tix
10/19/2007, 01:50 PM
well, most of your parameters look good, but obviously your CA is low. I would find a CA supplement like purpleup to help get those numbers in the 400-480 range. With the nitrate's you can do partial water changes over the next few weeks/month to help lower those numbers. Are you using a RO system?

Caliloaner
10/19/2007, 01:59 PM
Yeah I buy very clean RO water from the Nugget market... I have kent calcium suppliment... But I haven't been adding it yet... I'm affraid that if I raise the calcium the alkalinity will go down along with the PH and mess everything up... I need a good balance... Because isn't 8.0 PH on the edge of good?

bertoni
10/19/2007, 03:38 PM
Purple Up is a product that I'd recommend avoiding. It's mostly calcium carbonate, effectively fine sand. Adding calcium won't affect the pH or alkalinity appreciably, as long as it's not overdosed. Over the long term, a 2-part like B-Ionic or an equivalent product is easier to use, though.

demonsp
10/19/2007, 04:24 PM
Assuming your not useing tap water then weekly water changes should keep them stable. Also clean any filters weekly , check cleanup crew is up to par. And dont over feed.