PDA

View Full Version : A Damsel and a Six-Line?

AVALover5498
10/19/2007, 06:39 PM
I posted this in the nano forum because it's about my 10 gallon but I guess they didn't care to much.....anywho.:)

So, I have a Damsel fish that is left over from when I was cycling my 10 Gallon. I heard damsel fish are aggressive so I wanted to check before I add another fish to my tank. There is a six-line at my petco that is in a disgusting tank. I have to buy him. He is just about under an inch and he has to be the cutest fish I have ever seen!

Do you guys think it would be safe to add him to the tank, or should I get rid of the damsel? I really don't want to because I have kinda become attached to the little guy but if it means that I can't get the Six-line I'm gonna have to.

I've heard mixed opinions also on keeping a Six-line in a 10 Gallon but this would only be temporary at most, as I've finally decided to get another tank for the living room when I get paid next week. This tank is in my office.

Thanx guys,
-Chris-:)

petoonia
10/19/2007, 08:36 PM
Give it a try, if there is any aggresion then you can seperate them. What type of damsel do you have?

AVALover5498
10/20/2007, 10:41 AM
I'm pretty sure it's a black cap damsel. But I'm not 100% on that.

Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and give it a shot. I'll post what happens.

-Chris-

FishAreFriends2
10/20/2007, 10:48 AM
The six line can handle the damsel. Six lines are pretty mean maybe they will leave each other alone.