PDA

View Full Version : Best Live Rock

Bradw
10/20/2007, 08:08 PM
I am setting up a 75 gal AGA and am looking for the best live rock available. I've been on ebay searching and see several ads for live rock at different prices. I'm leaning towards Wholesale Aquatic Supplies and am wondering if anyone else has had experience with them? I've looked at their feedback and it seems like everyone is saying the rock is awesome, but is it really??

chjy69
10/20/2007, 08:44 PM
Contact www.fishsupply.com.
The store is located in Huntington Beach, CA.
I bought half of my life rock (15 lbs) there.
The quality is the best and their price was good.
Their live rocks are Walt-Smith brand, and they cure those rocks in their own tank again.
Many of their rocks have coraline algae.
If you live in Southern California, you'd better visit the store.

aupilot
10/20/2007, 09:53 PM
I bought rock from them.. the rock was awesome and I recommend Air Cargo, there was lots of life on the rock and even scared my wife when a crab came crawling out of one of the rocks! They also have a website Wholesale Aquatic Supplies (http://www.wholesaleaquaticsupplies.com/shop) where you will find tons of different types of rock available. You wont be disappointed in the quality. If you end up purchasing, tell them Jason sent you!!

chatyak
10/20/2007, 09:55 PM
Ya I was looking at their stuff too. Although the picture they use for live rock I found on someone's website.. not sure who took it from who lol

aupilot
10/20/2007, 10:15 PM
The pics I see on ebay right now are about right on with what I purchased. They do have a website, so it may be from there.

jadeguppy
10/21/2007, 06:23 AM
This shop has awesome customer service and quality stock. He cultures handpicked rocks in Gulf of Mexico, so there are often coral hitchikers. However, if you are in a hurry order early in the week so that shipping can be confirmed. He only dives for them on certain days.
http://sealifeinc.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=25

Bradw
10/21/2007, 10:20 AM
I sent an email to Wholesale Aquatics and asked them about their rock. They responded quickly and were really nice and very informative. Thanks for you all your guys help! I'll let you know how it goes when I get my rock!

Brad

rogergolf66
10/21/2007, 10:58 AM
what you are looking for is a light rock not a heavy rock. the amount of weight you have in your tank is sumwhat confusing because it is not weight the produces the bacteria needed it is area. so a light rock will have more area to grow the good bacteria.