PDA

View Full Version : weird hammer

limitedslip
10/21/2007, 07:18 PM
well, I purchased a 3 headed hammer frag fairly cheap recently. And when i put it in my reef, it didnt do well (20 gallon long, 130 watts PC, mid flow, 7 inches from light) I moved it to my aggressive tank for a few minutes w/ the rest of my coral while i fixed a problem w/ the sump (which required me to drain water). and well, its doing 100% better in the aggressive (125 long, 350 watts MH, low flow, 36 inches from light. It was raised under VHOs. Is there any reason that it might not be taking to the power compacts or the 20 gallon reef?

cilyjr
10/21/2007, 07:22 PM
could it be water quality rather than lighting? not to say the water isn't good but if it is really different than where it had been it might not do well for a while. while it gets used to the new parameters.

i have no idea just an idea to stimulate some thought! good luck

limitedslip
10/21/2007, 07:25 PM
water is acutally water i pulled from the 125 from a water change, cycled for awhile lol...paramaters are practically identical. rest of hte coral in the reef are doing fine.

cilyjr
10/21/2007, 07:37 PM
my hammer grows like a weed. it is a pink with green tips
http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z43/cilyjr/corals/IMG_1895.jpg

what is it doing? how did it look in the other tank? was it not opening?

i have this colony (old pic) and frags of it growing in a few tanks under all kinds of light. it has always been a forgiving coral....

i am curious to know what you descover

loosecannon
10/22/2007, 12:48 AM
Do your bulbs need to be replaced.