PDA

View Full Version : H&S 200 insump 3xf 2001 protein skimmer vs Reeflo 250

gasman059
10/23/2007, 12:13 PM
If u had to choose which one and why. Please no speculations just facts and preferably first hand experience.

hahnmeister
10/23/2007, 02:23 PM
Well, I can only speculate, but I have seen them both in person now. Ill just stick to the facts... the H&S is 1/2 the size, 1/2 the air intake (actually less than half), etc. They arent even in the same class.

GSMguy
10/23/2007, 02:25 PM
Jeremy from premium aquatics says they are right in line with BK 300-400

gasman059
10/23/2007, 02:53 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11035274#post11035274 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by hahnmeister
Well, I can only speculate, but I have seen them both in person now. Ill just stick to the facts... the H&S is 1/2 the size, 1/2 the air intake (actually less than half), etc. They arent even in the same class.
I respect your opinion but ceratinly skimmers are a lot like cars. One day u want a pickup the next day a convertible. Its a fact that we as hobyissts get gauged by a piece of plastic

The only deterent from the reeflo is the size .
will c.

JRaquatics
10/23/2007, 03:58 PM
I have also seen both in person. They are not even in the same class. The Reeflo is a monster of a skimmer. I liked it so much I ordered the Reeflo 200 for my 180.

tacocat
10/23/2007, 05:54 PM
I've got this skimmer on my 240g, and it's fantastic. It's performance is right up there with a two pump Ehiem skimmer I see on a regular basis (AP902) in this case. It would be more than adequate for your 200g, and I would choose it for that tank. The 200 is tiny compared to most modern skimmers, but this skimmer has proven to me that size isn't everything if it's well engineered.

If it's for a 500g, I think you'd want a bigger skimmer. Personally, I'd never use the Reeflo, becuase I will never own another skimmer with thumbscrews, and I'm not too crazy about having a non submersible pump attached to the skimmer. That's just me.

I'd get a bigger H&S or BK before I got a Reeflo, but that's based on my preferences not on performance.

gasman059
10/23/2007, 06:42 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=#post target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by tacocat
I've got this skimmer on my 240g, and it's fantastic. It's performance is right up there with a two pump Ehiem skimmer I see on a regular basis (AP902) in this case. It would be more than adequate for your 200g, and I would choose it for that tank. The 200 is tiny compared to most modern skimmers, but this skimmer has proven to me that size isn't everything if it's well engineered.

If it's for a 500g, I think you'd want a bigger skimmer. Personally, I'd never use the Reeflo, becuase I will never own another skimmer with thumbscrews, and I'm not too crazy about having a non submersible pump attached to the skimmer. That's just me.

I'd get a bigger H&S or BK before I got a Reeflo, but that's based on my preferences not on performance.
Yeah I believe we are on the same page here. Def not performance but the above mentioned deterrents are the same I have top go agaisnt the reeflo.
Well I guess I'm not crazy after all LOL
thx 4 the input.