PDA

View Full Version : Need adivce on internal pumps!!

chris.hampton
10/23/2007, 03:30 PM
Hello, at the moment I have a sequence dart with a Wavysea but I am having nothing but trouble with the pump! I have tried 2 different pumps and each of them leak from where the shaft goes through to the impeller, I have tired to fix the problem by getting in touch with the manufacturer but I'm not really getting anywhere!! I also live in a flat and don't like the idea of coming home with water going through the floor into the hall below me!! I have a 90 (uk) gal tank which is mainly going to be a softy tank with maybe a few clams at one end, I am thinking of replacing the Sequence with a few internal pumps but don't really know which direction to go in! I was thinking of a couple of Koralia 4's (possibly 3) but I'm not to sure if it will be enough flow!! Ideally I want a pump that can click onto the Wavysea, so when/if I get a new place I can hook it up again with an external pump! Can anyone please give me a few ideas, it's driving me nuts!! Thanks in advance!!

crab0000
10/23/2007, 04:07 PM
I think some Koralia's would be good. Do you have access to a Vortech? That would be great since you can just adjust the flow until you have what you want.

chris.hampton
10/24/2007, 01:03 AM
I wish!! Unfortunately my budget won't stretch to one of those!! It has been a long time since i had to worry about how much flow, am I right in thinking I should be aiming for 3000gph turnover on a 100gal tank?! Thanks again for the help!!

crab0000
10/24/2007, 06:15 AM
With softies I wouldn't think you would need too much flow, so 3 Koralia 4's may be too much. I would buy 2 and see if you need more. JMO BTW I have 2 4's on my 37, but it's barebottom and SPS.

chris.hampton
10/24/2007, 08:35 AM
Thanks again, i will order 2 tomorrow when it's pay day!!!

crab0000
10/24/2007, 10:48 AM
No problem! I hope all works out well.

pledosophy
10/24/2007, 12:20 PM
I was able to increase my flow dramatically by replacing my locline with the Pacific Coast Flow Accelorator's. Cost me $75 to do all the plumbed returns. Increased my flow over 2000gph.

JME