PDA

View Full Version : my fish need help please

jquailus
10/23/2007, 05:46 PM
so i have two fish in a hospital tank today is day number 8. a small yellow/blue blenny and a lubbocks wrasse. i had a small ich problem which forced me to qt them. the water params in my qt tank have been fine no amonia no nit temp around 79-80 ph 8.2 -8.3 i have done three water changes the biggest just a few minutes ago when i noticed both fish struggling to breathe and the wrasse on the top of water sucking air. the tank is medicated with copper and prazi pro, the fish have been fine till just a few minutes ago, any advice or help please

Percula9
10/24/2007, 07:30 AM
Did you aerate the new water before you put it in?

an411
10/24/2007, 07:36 AM
Are you sure that the salinity was the same as what was in the tank

NirvanaFan
10/24/2007, 07:57 AM
anything agitating the surface of the water, or do you have an airstone to help get oxygen in the water?

jquailus
10/24/2007, 04:14 PM
yes the salinity was the same and it was the same temp, and no idont aerate the water prior to putting it in, yes the hob filter is breaking up the surface

uncleant
10/24/2007, 05:34 PM
i had this happen to me. i put alot a holes into a small tuperwear container put an airstone on the bottem and put the fish in the container and i just let the container float on top of the water with the airstone under the fish. he just chilled there with the oxygen from the airstone going around his body. the next morning he was fine and i took him out of the container.

NirvanaFan
10/24/2007, 05:41 PM
it sounds like there isn't enough oxygen in the water. How are the fish doing now? I would suggest putting an airstone in there if you have one.