PDA

View Full Version : First Time Aquascaper...Tips, Please!

lazluvtoo
10/23/2007, 09:02 PM
I have had my 90 sw/reef established for about 10 years. I have decided to take the plunge and perform a "re-aquascaping."

My bubble coral is so huge now that it needs to be in the center of the tank where it can spread it's tentacles and flourish. This is going to mean repositioning all of my mushrooms and polyps of which there are quite a few.

This is my first experience with aquascaping. Any input would be appreciated..."tips" per se to help me make this as pain-free and pleasureable as posisble.

I do have some coral epoxy to stick rocks together.

Tips, anyone?

Thanks!
Cindy

reefnetworth
10/23/2007, 09:59 PM
lots of and holes for circulation puposes was my main goal when i set-up my tanks.
aquascaping come from the person and the rock they have to work with... beauty is in the eyes of the beholder!
all of my aquascaping is done free standing. it takes a little while to adjust them for good stability so they will not fall and crack my glass or crush any corals.
i made ledges everywhere possible, at different heights in the tanks for coral attachment/placement.
some reefers drill holes and use PVC pipe to hold rock in place.
others drill holes and use zip-ties to attach their rocks together.
and some use the putty method.
keep in mind, if you attach them outside the tank, not to make it so heavy or bulky that its difficult to place back into the tank.
best of luck, i hope this was helpful.
JDM :cool:

rustybucket145
10/24/2007, 07:47 AM
You might get a better response to this question in the 'Reef Discussion' or 'New to the Hobby' forums....

lazluvtoo
10/24/2007, 03:26 PM
Thanks, JDM, for the tips! I'm looking forward to starting the project very soon!

I just sent the same post over to 'Reef Discuss' & 'New to the Hobby.'