PDA

View Full Version : Koralia Tripping GFCI

Reeferhead
10/24/2007, 12:11 PM
Also, please elaborate on which models you own, which leak current, and how long they lasted.

I've owned two Koralia #2s and one Koralia #1. All lasted less than two months before they started leaking current into my tank and tripping my GFCI. The #1 lasted less than a week.

USC-fan
10/24/2007, 12:30 PM
[3] koralia #4 and no problems....

crispyreef
10/24/2007, 01:17 PM
1-koralia #4 same as above.

MSU Fan
10/24/2007, 02:04 PM
2 kor 3's and no problems.

scaryperson27
10/25/2007, 01:18 AM
korallia 4 which i have mutilated. I haven't had any problems with it.

Reeferhead
10/25/2007, 07:21 AM
"Maybe I just have bad luck?" That's what I thought after the I went through the first two #2s so I bought a #1 for my frag tank. After a week, same deal. Luckily, I was home this time and I have my main pump by itself on a non-GFCI circuit just in case.

Most people have had better luck with the Koralias but this has not been my experience. I'm finished with Hydor.

Its a shame, I like most of their design more than the Tunze, especially the thinner suction cup magnets. Of course, the price is more attractive as well but you can't deny the customer service of Tunze. I had a shaft break on one of my 6045s and they had a whole new motor to my doorstep in two day after a simple email. I didn't have to send them the broken pump, show a receipt, or anything.

I'm still dealing with Hydor's return policy and customer service, I'll report back when it all pans out but so far I've been less than satisfied to say the least.

mario8402
10/25/2007, 08:04 AM
#1 when it came out and #2 bought about 3 months ago. no problems with either.
I accidently broke the ceramic shaft on my #2 Monday, sent an email to Hydor asking for location of replacement parts and recived reply in a few hours. They are sending out some stainless shafts for free! I dont the customer service is a problem

A.T.T.R
10/25/2007, 08:28 AM
two 1s and one four
( and have sold alot of them as well wiht only one return and that being "its to strong" )

wlchew
10/25/2007, 09:04 AM
K4 last for 5 mths before it STOP to spin...

It leak current after trying to clean the calcified. :-(

Tennsquire
10/25/2007, 09:20 AM
I bought 3 #2's when they first came out, and had problems with them tripping my GFI as well. There was a problem with the early ones, and they were subject to a soft recall. I sent them back, and had new ones w/in a week and a half. No problems since then.

jackfrost
10/25/2007, 09:28 AM
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

I have 3 #4 Units. I have abused them with controllers and other stuff and they keep on ticking !!

I LOVE THESE PUPPIES !!!

Nick, I would check the electrical installtion on your house. GFI outlet issues typically indicate marginal grounding schemes.

Reeferhead
10/25/2007, 09:42 AM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11048962#post11048962 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by jackfrost
NEVER HAD A PROBLEM.

I have 3 #4 Units. I have abused them with controllers and other stuff and they keep on ticking !!

I LOVE THESE PUPPIES !!!

Nick, I would check the electrical installtion on your house. GFI outlet issues typically indicate marginal grounding schemes.

I wired this particular circuit myself, so it must be good :D. But seriously, I've never had an issue with any another piece of equipment tripping my GFCI and I have a lot of stuff hooked up. Also, I have actually been mildly shocked by the Koralias before they become so leaky that the GFCI trips.

rgulrich
10/25/2007, 10:56 AM
I have two #3's and two #4's with no issues on a 15 amp GFI circuit I installed myself (under code, and inspected).

If there is any question of any electrical product's reliability around the water, it is always much better to be safe than the alternative.

cheers,
Ray

Jasonincuritiba
10/25/2007, 01:40 PM
Do you have it on a wavemaker? I have three Koralia 4's, each with over six months of life on them and haven't had one problem with them.

Reeferhead
10/25/2007, 02:15 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11050701#post11050701 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Jasonincuritiba
Do you have it on a wavemaker? I have three Koralia 4's, each with over six months of life on them and haven't had one problem with them.

nope