PDA

View Full Version : what are my maroons doing?

jcjstl
10/24/2007, 10:33 PM
My wife has witnessed my pair of maroons tear off pieces of my goniopera and my frogspawn.. she didnt see if it ate it or bit it off and spit it out. These are where my first fish and would hate to get rid of them. They act as if they starting mating behavoir, but then again i cant have them destroying my corals either....

chautrung
10/25/2007, 02:28 AM
They may be trying to host. Maroons tend to be very rough with their host. My first maroon ripped all the tentacles off my bubble tip anemone when it was hosting until the anemone died.

WDLV
10/25/2007, 07:40 PM
....or it could be clearing an area to lay eggs. I'd either move the corals or remove the fish.

jcjstl
10/25/2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah i dont think they are trying to host as "thier area" is on the left side of the tank and the goniopera is in the middle and the frogspawn is on the right side... i moved it all over further to the right side of the tank and the teamed up and pushed the goniopera of the rock and into the sand last night. the female is about 3 inches and the male is about 2 inches what size tank you think they would need if i set them up thier own tank? A twenty would be two small wouldnt it?