PDA

View Full Version : Transporting Frags

Reefdiver77
10/24/2007, 10:43 PM
I need ideas on good ways to transport frags for swaps/sales. I went to Memphis last month and sat up a 20g tank with frag racks and 250wMH. What is your preferred method for transporting the frags? I have some very fragile staghorn and several pieces of it broke (thank heavens for super glue gel and extra plugs). Do you transport each piece individually? All of mine were on plugs or rubble. Thanks.

rustybucket145
10/25/2007, 06:06 AM
Will they be in the back of a truck or in a car? ie, will it be ok if a little water spills out during transport or do they need to be totally dry?

Reefdiver77
10/25/2007, 09:44 PM
They will all be in my car, so no water splashing around. One club member just brought his on his frag rack in his tank with the tank about 1/4 way full. This was the tank he was using for the display at the frag sale/swap. I am a woman who will be traveling to frag swaps alone as I have not yet gotten my DH the least bit enthused about my hobby!! I am saying this because something very heavy will be out of the question. I am thinking about making a layer of foam with cutouts and placing it in a cooler. I will place each frag in its own cup with water and lid and will slip each cup into the cutout. I should be able to put something between layers of foam to provide a little support and stacking these foam "racks" 3-4 deep. My cooler has handles and should be easy to pull. Also, the foam should provide insulation to keep the frags warm. Does this sound feasible?