PDA

View Full Version : Please Help!

Zoa
10/25/2007, 01:45 PM
Hello.

I recently received some zoos from a fellow reefer. Part of the order included 2 nuclear greens, which had detached themselves from the plug. Currently, the seller is not available.

Can I reattach them to the plug with krazy glue gel? If this is recommended, do I glue the bottom of the polyps to the plug or just around the edges?

I do not know if part of the bottom of the polyp needs to attach itself aside from the glue to properly heal.

thanks in advance for your help.

InADream
10/25/2007, 02:40 PM
I would go ahead and use a small drop of super glue gel and place the zoo on top of the gel... It will glue it to the plug and eventually the zoo will grow around it...

Dream

Zoa
10/25/2007, 02:48 PM
will do..thanks for responding.

Zoa
10/25/2007, 02:49 PM
how long would you keep the lights off?

killingseed
10/25/2007, 02:58 PM
try to do both, get some under the zoa's as well as some around and over the edge just enough to lock it down or you might be doing it again. tooth pick works great as a paint brush to help move the gel around.

Zoa
10/25/2007, 03:12 PM
ok thanks....do they need to be kept in the dark for a bit?

craig813
10/25/2007, 03:32 PM
dont' worry about leaving the lights off etc.

Do wear safety glasses when dealing with zoos and other polyps that contain palytoxin.

I got some in my eye two years ago, and when my eyes are red you can still see the spot where the juice landed. also, extremely painful with no known cure if it somehow gets ingested or into the blood stream.

InADream
10/25/2007, 05:08 PM
The only thing i would do with the lights is start them off at a lower level in the tank, other than that the only reason to turn lights off is when introducing new fish to the environment...

If you have a hard time getting the zoo to stick to the gel before it hardens, try placing the zoo on the glue and then submerging it for a sec the absence of air will make the glue harden quickly and hold the zoo in place...

Dream

Zoa
10/25/2007, 05:29 PM
thank you all....used a toothpick, was very careful not to get any glue on the polyps. they are on the plug and in the sand. they have not opened up yet...

craig813, thanks for sharing. I am sorry that happened to you. I think many of us in the hobby do not really understand how dangerous these corals are...until we get stung..bitten by a mantis, or worse....it is amazing how powerful nature is.....

tmz
10/25/2007, 05:38 PM
Give it some time,it should be fine. Don't move it around for aweek or so.