PDA

View Full Version : Ich on hippo, clown tang & one spot on chromis

gsumner2
10/25/2007, 06:28 PM
I think I may have 2 things going on, would appreciate advice. Hippo has had what looks like small patches of white on his sides and I have been treating with fresh garlic and ginger soaked frozen and dry food. It goes away for a few days and then comes back, same for a small flame back angel. All other fish (other purple, clown and lemonpeel tangs, maroon clown, goby, blenny, mandarin, etc. (12 or so) look fine. But today a small cottony looking spot appeared on one of my 5 small chromis at the base of his top fin about the size of a capital O. My( 180 g /100g sump )tank has been up and running for about 3 weeks, had LR, corals, etc. from original tank and some of the old water (30 g). Water tests show Amm .25 Nit.25 Nitrat 15, po4 .5 Started Rowphos tonight and also added greenx which said it is safe for all reef inhabitants. Any ideas?:confused:

gsumner2
10/25/2007, 06:50 PM
Sorry, don't know how that happened!!

paulamrein
10/26/2007, 09:39 AM
Get the water conditions to normal, water changes, treat all fish in a QT there is no such thing as an effective reef safe treatment. It's an oximoron.

dvavc
10/27/2007, 10:58 AM
Hi all. Please help.
I have read very carefully posts of Terry B.and Lee on the Ich treatment subject, but did not really get it; how I’m suppose to keep ammonia down in my QT during 30 – 40 days of hypo salinity treatment, if live rocks will die as well as bacteria on bioballs or any other media of the wet and dry filter?
Isn’t it more practical to keep regular salinity and keep live rocks in QT and just use copper? As I understand copper does not kill live bacteria in rocks, which will control ammonia? For me daily water changes for 30-40 days is out of question, it's already getting out of hands in terms of time and nerves wasted with this thing. My QT is 50g with Aqua clear 110 hanging filter which i filed with established media from my main tank.I also transfered my live rocks from main display in to QT.However Amonia is .25 and curent salinity is 1,021, I have 2 medium size Tangs , 1 bleny, 2demsels, 1 wrass.
Thanks.
:confused: