PDA

View Full Version : I Finally Got A Biamac Octopus

marinerules
10/27/2002, 01:53 PM
its a biamac its head is about the size of a half dollar coin, hes so pretty , i put him in yesterday , HE IS not moving very much , i mean hes breathing and all , but hes not out exploring the tank, IS THERE something wrong or is he just getting used to my tank?

Mr James
10/27/2002, 03:43 PM
Why wouldn't you post this in the Cephalopod forum?? I would figure you'd get a lot of "experienced" advice. It's not because they advised you against it?? I always enjoy reading about your adventures, keep us informed of your ailing octo.

goodman770
10/27/2002, 05:34 PM
Agreed, you should put this in the ceph forum. It could take anywhere from a few days to a month for your Octo to become comfortable with his new surroundings. The big thing is to get him to eat. Try and give him a hermit to start off with...very hard for them to resist that.
Good Luck...and see you in the ceph forum...
Bill

Leopardshark
10/27/2002, 10:34 PM
and be sure to tighty seal the tank, they can get out of the tank thru any little hole.
Good luck and I hope you enjoy your octo.

wombat2
10/27/2002, 11:07 PM
My bimac took two months before he escaped to my sump. My tank is open topped. I would say they're not eager to get out but keep it in mind.

marinerules
10/27/2002, 11:07 PM
ok thanx, so its not unnormal for them not to be out exploring the first or second day?

OctoMonkey
10/29/2002, 04:25 AM
Kirtis....
dont worry about it, its not unusual for them to not be seen much for the first month or two!

zizmans
04/24/2003, 07:11 PM
I think I have finally reached the point of these threads not being funny anymore. lol (sort of) I think after the amount of problems,deaths,etc. you have had in the short amount of time you have been in this hobby you might have learned one thing. Research BEFORE you buy something. I felt a little bit bad for you when you were kirtis at reef.org. But dude, you haven't learned anything! Why don't you listen to people? Why don't you read about things and then ask questions to fill in the blanks? Do you think you are erady for a Cephalapod? Don't get me wrong, I love your threads. In one of them you mentioned brackish tanks? I don't have one personally but they are exellent. You can get an eel, puffer, lots of neat-o looking things. They are easier to care for IMO and I think a good idea.

Now, I don't want to seem like a total D*. My suggestion would be to do a "search" here, reef.org, and google on Biamac Octopus. Please do this. Sorry, for the previous paragraph but it had to be said.