PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr

eagleONE
10/26/2007, 08:00 PM
Hi

I was wondering how many people have one of these. How do you like it? Best money well spent? I'm looking into getting one and was also curious about the serial port. So what's the deal with it? Is it worth it? My tank is far from my computer so I don't know if helps any... Hope to hear some responses. Thanks

crumbletop
10/26/2007, 09:27 PM
Yep. Great purchase for my tank.

slapshot
10/26/2007, 09:30 PM
Yep, love mine. Get the port it is nice to hook it up to your PC. makes making changes easy.

Kaos
10/26/2007, 09:52 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11060708#post11060708 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by eagleONE
Hi

I was wondering how many people have one of these. How do you like it? Best money well spent? I'm looking into getting one and was also curious about the serial port. So what's the deal with it? Is it worth it? My tank is far from my computer so I don't know if helps any... Hope to hear some responses. Thanks

The ACjr. was one of the best things I've bought for my tank. I really like the serial port. I keep mine hooked up to my PC at all times to change settings or retrieve data logs for graphing. I don't know what lengths of cables are available. Every night before I shut off the PC I graph my tank param's for that day. Really neat to help identify unusual swings.

chris4869
10/26/2007, 11:04 PM
It's by far the best equipment I've bought. The serial port is great to have, but not necessary. Frankly, it only takes a few seconds to program the unit, and you only do it once. :)

hipertec
10/27/2007, 04:20 PM
i know that you have to purchase the dc8 but it only comes with 8 plugs and i have way more equipment to plug in.
how are you guys doing it in your system?

chris4869
10/28/2007, 05:20 PM
You can connect up to 5 DC8 to the AC Jr unit, so you have some growing room. I try not to connect anything to the DC8 that doesn't require automation to save the space, otherwise I plug them to a regular surge protector.

Hint: If you have two equipments that do not use a lot of power and they go on/off at the same time, you can always use a "Y" adapter to use one single socket. A pack of "Y" adapters costs around $5.

SlowCobra
10/28/2007, 10:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11070669#post11070669 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by chris4869
You can connect up to 5 DC8 to the AC Jr unit, so you have some growing room. I try not to connect anything to the DC8 that doesn't require automation to save the space, otherwise I plug them to a regular surge protector.

Hint: If you have two equipments that do not use a lot of power and they go on/off at the same time, you can always use a "Y" adapter to use one single socket. A pack of "Y" adapters costs around $5.

Wrong. The AC Jr will only control a total of 12 outlets. If you purchase 2 DC8's the last 4 outlets are left dead. You can confirm this on the Neptune forum if you choose to not believe me.