PDA

View Full Version : Remora Pro problems

jimi thing
10/27/2007, 01:57 PM
I have a Remora Pro with mag 3 pump and the problem is the collection cup fills with water every 10 minutes or so. The collection cup is as high as it can go. The tank is still in cycle and has been running for a lil over a month. I cycled the tank with live rock and was told by the people at Aqua C that the live rock prolly has too many nutrients and is causing the skimmer to fill.
Thanks for any help you can give me!

ReefWreak
10/27/2007, 03:13 PM
Do a water change or three, take the collection cup off the skimmer for a week while the skimmer is running, let it bubble off a bit, then put the cap back on. My ER does that sometimes randomly, filling my whole sump cabinet with random bubbling. I just take off the collection cup and let it run for a few hours, then put the cap back on and it's fine after that.

zotzer
10/27/2007, 05:12 PM
are you adding any "cycling" products to your water?
Tracy

jimi thing
10/27/2007, 07:12 PM
Thanks for the replies guy's! I've had the collection cup off for a couple of hours now. I haven't done any water changes since day one. I heard that I shouldn't do a water change until the cycle is complete, is this correct?

I haven't added any cycle products to the tank.

jimi thing
10/27/2007, 07:28 PM
here's a pic of the skimmer bubbles
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g230/glenjerome/salt309.jpg

sasscuba
10/28/2007, 05:20 PM
I had one that did that no matter where the cup was. Turned out it was defective and Aqua C gave me a new one.