PDA

View Full Version : Coralife Pure-Flo for RO/DI

JB23
10/28/2007, 09:29 PM
Folks;
Just a quick question-My Red Sea Max all set up & ready to go. My LFS recommends the above Caralife unit for RO/DI water. Do you have any experiences, or thoughts on this product?
Thanks in advance for Your Response-Jerry

SlowCobra
10/28/2007, 11:36 PM
Way over priced and not the best quality. You can get a much better unit buying from one of the site sponsors and most likely save money.

http://www.thefilterguys.biz/

http://www.buckeyefieldsupply.com/

Nereaga
10/29/2007, 04:57 AM
I second thefilterguys.biz. I have their 5 stage RO/Di unit and it was only $135 + SH, you cant beat that! They also have excellent customer service!

Brad

AZDesertRat
10/29/2007, 10:01 AM
Coralife is pretty low quality. Look at the vendors suggested along with www.purelyh2o.com , www.melevsreef.com and www.spectrapure.com . All of thoses suggested so far are sponsors of RC, know what reef quality water is and will sell you only what you need.

bstreep
10/29/2007, 10:24 AM
It's TOTAL junk. Worse than the cheapos on ebay. I still have one - but it's kind of like the story of "my grandfathere's axe" - you know, where the handle has been replaced 3x and the head 2x. Mine has very few original parts, and I'd have been better off throwing it away.

kmf507
10/29/2007, 04:19 PM
Bull. How many of you have used the Coralife? I've got one and it is great. 0-3 TDS on two different meters.

I will bet $$$ that not everyone of the 4 who posted against it have used it themselves. Maybe 1 or 2....

AZDesertRat
10/29/2007, 06:31 PM
Compare it to a good unit and you will soon see the difference. I have the benefit of seeing units side by side for comparison and when you can do that its obvious, no bull.

kmf507
10/29/2007, 06:44 PM
So...what do you compare? Looks? Water goes in, pure water comes out? What else am I looking for? You know the cost and the GPD, so that shouldn't be an issue.

AZDesertRat
10/29/2007, 06:48 PM
Water quality is first and longevity is second. Cheap filters do not last and do not protect the RO membrane as well meaning more frequent replacements. You will not get the same quality of water and what you do get in the beginning will not last as long, its plain and simple. Long term cost is much more with a cheap system.

crossi92
10/29/2007, 06:51 PM
I've been using the Coralife unit for 7-8 months now. I really don't understand how someone can call it complete junk. That's like insulting me (and everybody else using them), I did my research, I spent MY money on it, and it WORKS!

Go Figure?!?!

AZDesertRat
10/29/2007, 06:54 PM
Working and working well are tow different things.

kmf507
10/29/2007, 06:55 PM
Ok. If we've established 0-3 TDS on the coralife, where does the water quality play in? Does your RO system add supplements?

I would give you longevity, if I thought the replacement costs were out of whack, but I shopped around before I bought mine. For what it's worth, I'm going on over a year and have not replaced anything. Where does my longterm cost come in?

I've seen people preach these other brands and occasionally put down coralife. I paid a good price, am getting pure water, and have been for over a year. What's the problem?

crossi92
10/29/2007, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry...

Let me rephrase

and it WORKS WELL