PDA

View Full Version : Getting Live Rock Ready for Display

jasper24
10/29/2007, 12:49 PM
This may sound dumb but what all do I need to do to keep LR ready to go into a new display tank. I have the LR that was bought in a large tub with heater, lots of flow, and a clip on light. I used 50% new water and 50% water from my current display to keep the LR in. It will be like this for probably 3-5 weeks. Do I need to do water changes on the LR water? Do I need to add supplements to keep alk / Clacium steady? Thanks in advance. This rock will go in my new display with about the same amount of LR that is currently in the old display.

Darren

Toddrtrex
10/29/2007, 01:24 PM
As far as the supplements, I don't feel you need to worry about that. But, part of the reason I feel that way is that I would be doing water changes for that rock.

I recently re-did my 58. I had about 45 pounds of live rock curing in a rubbermaid bin for about 5 weeks. I did a weekly 5 gallon water change on it. But, it was easy for me to do, I just used old water from my other tanks when I did a water change on them.

When I transferred the new rock into the tank I had zero issues. I did a full battery of test on the tank 4 days after the change over, all parms were spot on. Had a very minor brown algae bloom, but the clean up crew took care of that.