PDA

View Full Version : stocking questions/plans

bteagle93
10/31/2007, 07:46 PM
hello everyone, i recently setup my first tanked and im ADDICTED! we are re-doing our basment mid-november and i would LOVE to put a 90 FOWLR down there....i was thinking of a couple stocking options/plans and i need some help.....

1) yellow tang & either hippo tang or powder blue tang...and im not sure on what else to have with them. I know i want more than two fish in it but im not sure what else to do...lol...any suggestions?

2) i am not sure how many small angfels could be put in a 90 however, i was thinking maybe 3 with a few other little fish...
many-banded angel, fire pygmy, bi-color pygmy

3)threadfin butterfly, Pearlscale Butterfly, Longfin Bannerfish, and Red Sea Raccoon Butterfly ( I am not sure how many butterflies will be okay in a 90 together, and maybe this is way to many, not sure)

With the three options my favorite woudl be number 1. However any other suggestions or comments woudl be great. I am used to nanos so going 90 is a BRAND new thing!
thanks,
Brett

reefergeorge
10/31/2007, 08:04 PM
With option one. You should only put one tang in that size tank, and the hippo is going to get too large. As for the dwarf angels people say you should only have one also. I have never tried to keep two, but hopefully someone will tell you their experiences.

I would possibly put a foxface or some clowns in there.

Aadler
10/31/2007, 08:18 PM
If you go FOWLR you could try a more aggresive fish maybe a trigger?

2) about the angels, it seems this doesnt work. a month ago i started asking around about it, then was looking at various threads about it and info from WWM. you might get away with 2 but the odds of getting away with three i would imagine are not worth it. I however did not bother trying it. If you do let me know if you end up killing any fish! ;)

3) i dont keep butters.

coast2coast7390
10/31/2007, 11:16 PM
you can put in multiple angels if they are added at the same time...otherwise forget it...as with tangs the usually get pretty big the smallest IMO is the powder blue...i know that there are some people out there that think that the yellow will be the smallest but those things get HUGE and UGLY the dont keep their nice roundish shape they get long and ovalish

bteagle93
11/01/2007, 03:37 PM
hmm thanks for the input guys....as for the tangs, would i be okay with a powder and a yellow if i would go with tangs? or no, tanks to small?