PDA

View Full Version : AC Jr. bluetooth serial connection

tibbs2
11/01/2007, 03:54 PM
Has anyone had good success with using a bluetooth serial adapter?

Here's a thread that includes a link to the serial bluetooth adapter. http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1054655&perpage=25&pagenumber=2

My aim is to set up the ac jr for network monitoring through the internet. I would like to output the data to one of my website servers possibly using my own system to display the data.

Anyone here had success with it?

Thanks,
Chris

etrigo29
11/17/2007, 08:21 PM
bump for this. I used the IOgear serial port adaptor on my RK2 without any issue but I'm trying to see if this same setup would work on a AC Jr. I don't see why it wouldn't, but then again I don't know this controller.

Thanks

clp
11/19/2007, 12:03 PM
A bluetooth adapter will work, however, most have a very limited range (10 or 15 ft. vs the 30+ specification).

Curt

Daveyboi
11/21/2007, 10:50 PM
Just hooked up the Iogear serial adapter with bluetooth to my AC Jr and it works perfectly. Even though the company claimed that it goes up to 330 ft, I could only get mine to connect up to 20 ft. Could just be the bluetooth adapter in my Dell laptop, but I don't know. So Curt is probably correct about the limited range. But I guess that's better than having to connect through a wire.

:D
Dave