PDA

View Full Version : cloudy water.....worried.

mikesnoddy
11/01/2007, 07:24 PM
I did a 15 percent water change last night. Then I added a phospan 150 to my sump setup. Never had a problem with cloudy water before. Ph 8.3. Livestock seems unconcerned. The water has been like this for 24hrs. I did everything right on the P reactor, the water runs clear. I am confused. What else would cause this cloudy nightmare? I had a ph crash years ago and it doesn't look near as milky as the day all my fishies died. Today looks more like a dusty, foggy tank. Not real bad, but, when your use to crystal clear water I fear the worse.
Any help please?

Blindmelonbob
11/01/2007, 07:27 PM
Maybe something spawned.

mikesnoddy
11/01/2007, 07:34 PM
Nah, I don't think that would be the answer. Currently, I only have 3 small fish, a few snails and 1 Killer brittle star. I think he killed my blenny. Still unaccounted for. All other parameters were normal also.

Ritten
11/01/2007, 07:46 PM
Are you running carbon?

mikesnoddy
11/01/2007, 07:53 PM
No carbon. The only thing different from any other water change is that I added this phosban 150 reactor. I thought about trying another water change. But, I am afraid it would throw every even further out of wack. Thanks for replying.

rupert_lilly
11/02/2007, 09:37 AM
I am having the same exact problem. I did a 20% water change last weekend and my tank is still cloudy. I am running carbon in my filters and still looks horrible.

mikesnoddy
11/02/2007, 10:52 AM
What type of salt are you using? Myself I use Reef Crystals, but never had this type of problem before. None of the livestock seems stressed. Everything normal except for the cloudy water.

sunfish11
11/02/2007, 11:47 AM
How long did you let your new water sit before you did the WC. I am asking because when I have left the water to sit over 10 days I have seen it cloud up in the mixing bucket (Reef Crystals). I got rid of it at that point.

Did you add calcium or alk to the tank at the time of the WC? The RC salt is high in alk (about 12 dkh) and a little low in Mg so if your tank Alk and Cal was very high you could have caused some precipitation? That is about all I can think of though...

Lisa

mikesnoddy
11/02/2007, 07:48 PM
You might be on to something there. Actually I did put some buffer in there soon after the water change. If that is the case, should I just let it work its self out.