PDA

View Full Version : What bulbs for 48" 8 bulb Tek Light?

JFristoe
11/03/2007, 11:40 AM
I decided to compromise and upgrade from my 4 bulb Marineland T5 unit to an 8 bulb Sulight Supply Tek Light. Now I just need help deciding what bulbs to get for it. I will be doing mainly zoanthids with some LPS. Any thoughts? I am completely lost on this. The unit does not come with bulbs.

Skier1
11/03/2007, 12:16 PM
Check the T5 Q&A thread hosted by the GrimReefer:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1214393

There will be a number of specific recommendations in there if you plow through the thread (or you can use the "search" feature during a quieter time on the site, or you can upgrade your membership for the "search" feature).

JFristoe
11/03/2007, 12:35 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11109550#post11109550 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Skier1
Check the T5 Q&A thread hosted by the GrimReefer:

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1214393

There will be a number of specific recommendations in there if you plow through the thread (or you can use the "search" feature during a quieter time on the site, or you can upgrade your membership for the "search" feature).

There's a TON of great info in there but there is also a TON of great metal at a salvage yard. Finding what you want is a different story. Maybe I can get a recommendation from a supplier or something. Hopefully they can steer me the correct way...if I get the right person on the phone.

Skier1
11/03/2007, 02:34 PM
Or, you could post your question in that thread and get people (e.g. Grim) to answer your specific question.

Jeez. Just trying to help.

In my case, I found someone who had asked the specific question regarding recommendations for the TX5 in that thread so I didn't have to post myself. Worked for me.

JFristoe
11/03/2007, 02:39 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11110181#post11110181 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Skier1
Or, you could post your question in that thread and get people (e.g. Grim) to answer your specific question.

Jeez. Just trying to help.

In my case, I found someone who had asked the specific question regarding recommendations for the TX5 in that thread so I didn't have to post myself. Worked for me.

I wasn't going off on ya. I just ended up calling Marine Depot and got their recommendations. I couldn't find an 8x54 watt setup in the thread as they all appeared to be 6 bulb setups. No biggy and I got the info I needed.

ahullsb
11/03/2007, 05:05 PM
What did you go with?

JFristoe
11/03/2007, 05:13 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11110861#post11110861 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by ahullsb
What did you go with?

2 Midday
3 Aquablue +
2 Actinic +
1 Pure Actinic

all Giesemann Powerchrome