PDA

View Full Version : What can I keep?

oysterxfast5
11/03/2007, 02:04 PM
Might think about getting this for my 30.
http://www.reefgeek.com/lighting/T5_Fluorescent/Sunlight_Supply/Tek_2_Retrofit_Kits/36_inch__4x39W_Tek_2_T5_High-Output_Retrofit_Kit_w!_Bulbs_by_ReefGeek
so it would be 156 watt/30gal to come out to 5.2watt/gal so would I be able to keep some sps? Dont know what kind but just to be able to when it comes to it. Maybe even a clam?
But the main question is would that be enough light for it, and is it a good company, cause I have read get a tek or better.

oysterxfast5
11/03/2007, 02:57 PM
Nobody?

Potsy
11/03/2007, 03:38 PM
The link no longer works but I am assuming this is a 4 x 39 watt setup? I have an aquactinics 5 x 39 watt t5 fixture over my 38 gallon and I like it so far. I have some growing montipora and a crocea clam that has attached to the rock so it seems they're taking to the light. When I was deciding on a fixture I researched both the tek light and my current fixture. My decision was based on the fact that the tx5 was engineered for a saltwater environment whereas others have complained about the tek's rusting screws and fixtures, and the lack of a cooling fan.

Whatever you decide to do, go with a 5 bulb fixture for higher par and skip the actinics - they don't provide much usable light, and you'll need every bit for sps. For your blue bulbs, go with the ATI Blue Plus bulbs - they have a lot of par and encourage fluorescing in corals.

oysterxfast5
11/03/2007, 03:47 PM
Which light did you go with? And it is the 4x 39 watt. they have an overdiven one that is 4 39's on an ice cap i think it was. Had 240 watts i think.