PDA

View Full Version : Problem with CO2 regulator... again...

LobsterOfJustice
11/04/2007, 01:29 PM
Hey all,

Maybe two moths ago I had a problem with the solenoid being stuck partially open on my reg. I contacted milwaukee and they sent me a new solenoid. I still have not been able to get it to hold a consistent bubble count... it slows or stops after a day or two. Now it has got to the point that no matter how much the main and needle valves are open, no gas comes through. The solenoid is not stuck closed because some gas will come through the hose if I suck on it. It almost seems like its out of gas, but I just got it refilled (5lb tank) late this summer.

I'm considering getting a whole new reg, but this one has a bubble counter built in, and my reactor does not. So what are my options there?

rlabriola
11/04/2007, 01:42 PM
of the cheap regulators, i would buy the JBJ one over the milwaukee one..i have never had a problem yet...best is to buy a good reg. from a welding shop and retrofit your own bubble counter on it...Made in the USA!!!

LobsterOfJustice
11/04/2007, 04:46 PM
Huh, well apparently my tank IS empty already. Which means there is probably a leak somewhere? This sucks....

LobsterOfJustice
11/05/2007, 12:36 PM
I'm getting the tank refilled today, I guess I'm going to hook it up the same way. We'll see if it drains again in 3 months...

hahnmeister
11/05/2007, 01:47 PM
BJB better than Milwaukee? I would throw both of them out (tossed my POS JBJ already). The only one that seems worth looking at is the Reef Fanatic... but dont see many people using it for some reason. I picked up the Aquarium Plants (dot com) regulator... best thing I could have done. No leaks, set & forget, etc.

LobsterOfJustice
11/06/2007, 08:39 AM
I hooked it all back up. I am still having the same problem I was having before. I set the bubble count, and after just a few minutes it slows and then completely stops. I keep having to open the valve more and more. Last time I figured eventually it would work out, but after a while I had the valve all the way open and still nothing came out (thats how I realized it was empty again, and why I posted this thread).

LobsterOfJustice
11/06/2007, 12:53 PM
The reef fanatic reg does not have a bubble counter built in. I checked out the aquariumplants reg, if I decide to buy a new one I'll probably get that.

hahnmeister
11/06/2007, 01:24 PM
In case you havent come across it yet...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1197875&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

There is another thread on CO2 regulators around here as well... some people been trying some industrial made ones that they seem to like... Norgren, and maybe one other brand...

edit: here is the thread...
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1215161&perpage=25&pagenumber=1