PDA

View Full Version : need vortech service

trueblackpercula
11/04/2007, 03:56 PM
Ok My vortech has stoped working again. This time nothing goes on the only thing i see is the green light on the long black power supply. But on the white box that has the two little lights nothing is on. the vortech pump is not on so what the heck is wrong with this thing? I am starting to think that this power head is more trouble than is worth. Can someone send me an email so i can have it fixed? This is the second major problem with this junk. I should have just bought a tunze. sorry for the negative feed back but the first time i received this unit with a cracked wet frame. then it took almost 3 weeks before the new parts came in. I spent almost $400 bucks for this thing and now there is no power going to the power head. I am sure they will be many more complaints with the same problem ready to come in. I have had the unit almost 1 year next month I think. also now do i have to pay for shipping to have this fixed? I hope you guys know that this was not my fualt and this thing is defective again.
Please advise
Thanks
Michael Iezza
miezza@msn.com

trueblackpercula
11/04/2007, 05:32 PM
Ok I just check it again and the power supply green light is not on anymore. I pluged it into another outlet that I know works and still no green light is on. IO assume the power supply is burnt out.
Please help
Michael Iezza

IceCap Service
11/04/2007, 06:48 PM
For service send an e-mail to ecotechmarineservice@gmail.com.
Provide name and address along with pump serial number.

Fuppets
11/05/2007, 01:06 AM
I had a similar event happen to me when I relocated my pumps. After I had them set up and alligned properly I starting reorganising the wires and making everything look nice. I unplugged one of the power supplies moved the wires around and plugged it back in. Nothing came on. No leds on the driver. I thought that I had messed it up because I just unplugged it and plugged it right back it. Well even the led on the power supply was real dim if it was even on. I tried unplugging and plugging it back in a few times, nothing. I walked away, left it plugged in, and a few minutes it just started working. About 3-5 minutes. So maybe if you just leave it plugged in for a little bit it will start working like mine. It has been working fine for months since that.

Shawn