PDA

View Full Version : Need help with pumbing!

Deuter
11/04/2007, 10:08 PM
Ok so I was messing with the direction the incomming water from the sump and the whole pipe came off the bulk head! There was allot of bubbles and it took me a while untill i could get the pipe back into the bulk head.
Keep in mind I have a predilled tank like this one on this link http://www.advancedaquarist.com/issu...%20pic%201.htm

So I need something to keep in the bulk head forever! I was thinking apoxy? I'm not sure what is safe for the livestock though???? I need something good to number 1 make it stick to the pipe so the pipe doesn't come off the bulk head like that again and 2 something preferable water proof and lastly something that'll be safe for the live stock.
Advice is highly appreciated!

Playa-1
11/04/2007, 11:11 PM
Your link is not working...
You might want to post some pictures and give more specific information. The bulkhead is not supposed to leak when it is installed properly. As far as the fittings that connect to the bulk head that will just depend on the bulkhead. Typically people use pvc primer, pvc glue, and pvc pipe to make these connections. Sometimes the Bulkheads have threaded fittings and sometimes they have slip on fittings. It's a simple fix but it's not going to be easy if your tank is full.
I think you should mess with the direction of the incomming water some more to see what it tastes like :)

Deuter
11/05/2007, 10:11 AM
the picture was just showing a predrilled tank with the black casing around it. i have a slip on bulk head and I've got some other responces from another reef forum and I'm thinking i should cement/glue. However I'm not sure what type of cement or glue to use that'll be the safest for the livestock in the tank.

My plan is to remove about 20 gallons of water or enough to were the water isn't going into the predilled black overflow anymore and siphon all the water out of the overflow and that way there would be water still in the tank of course and i'll sement it and allow it to dry for a couple of hours.
i'm just stuck with what type of stuff to seal the pipe and the bulkhead with.

thank you very much for any help you can offar!:)

poppin_fresh
11/05/2007, 11:07 AM
I have wrapped the pipe in some teflon tape and shoved it in. It is not permanent, but it makes it really hard to pull it back apart.