PDA

View Full Version : Octopus NW-200 Questions??

Gregsgsr
11/06/2007, 07:03 AM
I bought one of these skimmers. I noticed after i bought this skimmer. That i made a mistake. The skimmer has a clone made from Marine Solutions it is not the same skimmer. I bought mine off of marine solutions. Coral Vue is the correct manufacturer of this skimmer. I have been skimming for a week now it doesn't really collect anything. I modded it with the mesh mod. I dont know where the correct place is to slide the water level valve??? Can someone help or give me advice....

luke33
11/06/2007, 08:08 AM
First thing....this is not a clone, it IS the same exact skimmer that coralvue has. Many skimmers take up to two weeks to brake in as well so don't worry to much about the week. How's the reaction chamber look? If its pretty milked out they you'll most likely be fine.

CarlC
11/06/2007, 08:10 AM
What is the depth of water the skimmer is in? 8"-10" is optimal.
I run my water level at the transition to the neck. For more information take a look at the Octopuss mod thread.

Just so you are informed correctly Coral Vue manufactures nothing. They get there skimmers from the same Chinese manufacturer that Marine Solutions sells. SWC is where Marine Solutions buys their skimmers from. The SWC models are better in my opinion because SWC had the manufacturer increase some of the plumbing size's.

Carl

dominic
11/06/2007, 08:52 AM
waiting to see also

JRaquatics
11/06/2007, 10:44 AM
We all had this talk before on another thread. They are the same skimmer. No different plumbing changes, no different plastic, no different pump, etc. It's just different distributers. CoralVue just has a waranty they stand behind and exceptional customer service. that's all.

These skimmers are produced with alot of cutting oils. It takes at least 2 weeks to break in especially if you did not pre rinse in vinegar. As long as the pump works and the skimmer body is in one piece then you are OK. It will be skimming in no time. Keep it at or close to 8 in of water and let it run.