PDA

View Full Version : How to...float valve?

Avi
11/06/2007, 01:19 PM
I'm seting up an RO/DI unit and I'm going to have a container as a reservoir. In it, I plan on placing a float valve to stop the water level from going above a certain point. What I'm trying to figure out is how to mount that on the (in)side of the reservoir with a water tight seal. I am pretty sure this is a common method in use for RO/DI units but I'd appreciate an explanation of what kind of gear is used to do this. Thanks.

dhogan
11/06/2007, 02:34 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11128569#post11128569 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Avi
I'm seting up an RO/DI unit and I'm going to have a container as a reservoir. In it, I plan on placing a float valve to stop the water level from going above a certain point. What I'm trying to figure out is how to mount that on the (in)side of the reservoir with a water tight seal. I am pretty sure this is a common method in use for RO/DI units but I'd appreciate an explanation of what kind of gear is used to do this. Thanks.
What kind of float valve did you get? The one I have I just drilled a hole, and connected the valve. The float vavle came with rubber washer and everything to keep the seal.

Avi
11/06/2007, 02:47 PM
It does have a flat rubber "washer" but only one. I didn't realize that this would be enough to assure that it would be water tight.

marino420td
11/06/2007, 03:40 PM
It should do the trick. Plus you should set your float valve so this it shuts off the water supply before the water level reaches this washer.