PDA

View Full Version : Rock hider for 6200

d-town tony
11/06/2007, 08:36 PM
Roger,

Does the rock hider for the 6200 work "Well"?

Can you answer this for me please. I'd like to get 2 from Steve @ Preuss' before I can finish my aquascaping.

Thank You

tony

rvitko
11/07/2007, 10:26 AM
I am not quite sure what you mean. They are just a ceramic rock. The pump does fit in securely and they do grow over with polyps and coraline and blend in. The key is to make it the top rock so the pump can be easily removed for cleaning and so the pump does not suck in sand. It is best to have a short rock pile on one side and have the Deco Rock be the top rock.

plaz
12/02/2007, 01:30 PM
Do you have to remove the rock to get the tunze out for cleaning (does it push straight into the front of the rock and where does the powercord go)?
Thanks!

rvitko
12/03/2007, 10:33 AM
You don't have to remove the rock but you generally need to be able to turn it over to get the pump out. The powercord just gets routed outside the tank as it normally would in any installation. Usually the Stream rocks would be near a corner so you would just route the cord out in the nearest corner. The pump is 63mm at the front and the hole in the rock is a 63mm PVC connector, the pump just plugs in like plugging a PVC pipe into an elbow.