PDA

View Full Version : Halide lighting question

Blown 346
11/07/2007, 09:27 PM
I want to get 2 150 watt halides for my 125. I know they wont be sufficient enough for corals, the tank will be a one fish only tank. Maybe an eel. But I want the glitter effect the halides give off.

I have been looking for a complete 2 halide retro fit setup with ballasts reflector etc. Basically everything but the bulbs.

I dont want to spend an arm and a leg on this, I have seen one halide setup like this go for over $200. Im looking to spend about $250 on both halides with ballasts.

IM a diy kind a guy but have never done anything like this.

Any help would be great of where to look. Ebay was my 1st stop and was a dud.

muzz
11/07/2007, 10:03 PM
Not sure where to look to get that, but I do not think you will get great coverage with only 2 150w over a 6 ft tank. I have a current outer orbit pro hqi fixture for sale, it is 6 months old only. It has 3 x 150w hqi halides, 8 x 39w t-5s and 24 leds(12 white, 12 blue) for moonlights. I live in channahon, about 1 1/2 hour drive from rockford. If you are interested, send me a pm. I am looking to get 600 for it, a bit more than what you want to spend, but a good price for a great fixture. Costs 1000.00 plus brand new. Let me know if you are interested.