PDA

View Full Version : 1" models

triggerfish1976
11/08/2007, 09:14 AM
I was wondering if you could advise when you will be offering Vortech's for 1" tanks. Is it the next item in development now that the wireless controllers have been released? Are we looking at months or years before they will be avail.?

EcoTech Marine
11/08/2007, 11:52 AM
At this moment we do not have a time line for the 1" capable VorTech. We recommend that customers planning 1" tanks incorporate some type of false wall into the aquarium.

-Tim

Kengar
11/08/2007, 01:47 PM
not quite sure i understand that recommendation.

Ken

triggerfish1976
11/08/2007, 02:05 PM
I thought about doing a box similar to a false overflow but I was worried about the excess heat being in a confined area like that. Do you see this as a problem?

ycrazyy
11/08/2007, 03:31 PM
Kengar, basically just build an overflow box that, well doesn't overflow any water :) Or if your 1" tank is acrylic (most likely) I know some people have cored out (don't know if that's the correct term) the acrylic where they want the VorTech 1/4" so that they have a 3/4" thick area... the downside to that is that you can never move your VorTech.

EcoTech Marine
11/08/2007, 05:34 PM
The pump can handle a tremendous amount of heat. It shouldn't be an issue within a confined area, especially if you're running it in pulse mode or random mode where the pump will run cooler.

-Tim

triggerfish1976
11/09/2007, 12:31 PM
Tim,

Since it doesn't look like a 1" model will be hitting stores anytime soon I have decided to look into the drybox application in order to use the Vortech. Due to the way that my tank is built I would like to try and keep them as high in the tank as possible so I don't have these big boxes in the tank taking up space so here is a basic diagram of what I came up with.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e151/triggerfish1976/VortechDiagram.jpg

How low should I build the dryboxes in order to give me the most flexibility if my main goal is to use these as a wavemaker?
Do you see any other problems with what I have come up with?

EcoTech Marine
11/09/2007, 01:15 PM
What about putting in a corner overflow style dry box that runs the full height of the tank in both of the rear corners? This would be the least noticeable and you could put two pumps in each of the corner boxes...

What is the tank's length?

-Tim