PDA

View Full Version : 150gal (5x2x2) Needs Circulation...Please Advise

joebo1717
11/08/2007, 10:37 AM
Over the next few weeks I am going to be putting this tank together and I need some direction on water flow. Originally I was going to use a few Tunze 6055's clipped to my euro brace and run off a Profilux Controller. Turns out my line on a profilux has not panned out so I am back to the drawing board on water flow. I will be using a mag 9.5 for a return which will put about 600 gals an hour through the system, being such a small amount I need to have some heavy pumps in the tank to keep sps.

Right now I am really leaning toward a vortech with the wireless wave driver. I would only use one of these and may down the road add a second.

I do not want to use any of the tunze stream pumps (6101) because I feel their size will detract from the aquarium.

I think if I were to go with the 6055's I would need at least three and to control them I would probably use the aquasurf off a AC3jr because I can then program exactly what I want them to do.

Any one have any other suggestions?

What should I use?

joebo1717
11/08/2007, 02:50 PM
bump

Deuce67
11/08/2007, 03:09 PM
I have the same size tank but do use a pair of Tunze 6100s. I also have a closed loop powered by a Sequence Dart. The CL has 3 ports and each port has 2 outlets. I achieve some good flow with this combination. I dont think the Tunze detracts from the tank at all. You can see my CL on my little red house.