PDA

View Full Version : BTA split, help with feeding

Tinkanator2000
11/08/2007, 12:10 PM
I have a quick question for you guys. I have a BTA and it split about a week ago. It seems when it split the original took the mouth with it, and the newly created BTA was left in a kind of "C" shape. I placed it in a 12g nano I keep as a hospital tank. It has been in the about a week but still hasn't formed a complete mouth. It does however look like it is trying. Anyone else had an experience like this? Anything I can do to offer it nutrition while it's healing? Thanks very much for the help.

cartman5579
11/08/2007, 12:14 PM
i'd let it be.... it will "help" itself in due time.

timrandlerv10
11/08/2007, 12:48 PM
12g is pretty small--imo nem qt/hosp is different than other corals and fish. you really have to keep water quality high and make sure he's getting enough light--since he has no mouth, his energy is coming from his zooxanthellae (stupid spelling...!), and if he has a typical freshwater hood with 9w of light...

Chihuahua6
11/09/2007, 10:51 AM
It will heal itself. I would not have moved it to another tank however since this will add extra stress to an already stressed animal. Since you already moved it just leave it be and let it heal.