PDA

View Full Version : Bulbs for Tek came in, placement of bulbs?

JFristoe
11/09/2007, 05:21 PM
2 X Giesemann Powerchrome Midday
3 X Giesemann Powerchrome AquaBlue+
2 X Giesemann Powerchrome Actinic+
1 X Giesemann Powerchrome Pure Actinic

This is the 8 bulb 48" unit. Anyone have any recommendations on bulb placement? This is my first real T5 unit so i'm pretty new with this.

bertoni
11/09/2007, 06:41 PM
It's a matter of taste, mostly. The lower temperature bulbs are probably a bit more effective at putting out light, so I'd put them in the middle. Mostly, the placement shouldn't matter much.

JFristoe
11/09/2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the assurance. I popped them in but didn't wanna leave them on (would mess up my light cycle). I'll try wait to see the full effect when the timer kicks them on. I'm geeked, nice lights finally and 4 powerheads with a Red Sea Pro wavemaker. First wavemaker too.

bertoni
11/09/2007, 10:27 PM
Sounds good.

If you want to be extremely geeked, add an aquarium controller and software to connect it to your PC. :)

JFristoe
11/09/2007, 10:29 PM
<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11152866#post11152866 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bertoni
Sounds good.

If you want to be extremely geeked, add an aquarium controller and software to connect it to your PC. :)

I've been looking for a good one. That is definately coming. I'm looking for recommendations due to hands on experience though as I don't wanna go by website advertisements.