PDA

View Full Version : Introducing the ProfiLux 2 Light

AQD_ottawa
11/09/2007, 06:48 PM
So the ProfiLux 2 light what is it??

Well on first glance it looks like a power bar. But obviously it is more than that, as you would exepct from our friend in Germany.

The Profilux Light 2 has been designed to provide independent control of your aquariums lighting, Tunze pump and temperature control needs, plus other great built in functions explained in detail below.

The great benefit of this unit is that you don’t need a Profilux main controller to use the Light 2 as it can be used as a complete stand alone even if you do not have a ProfiLux controller set up, so if you are just wanting to control lighting including dimmable lighting, Tunze pumps and temperature, this is the most affordable unit on the market today for achieving all these features in one unit.

If you are running an existing ProfiLux set up, the light 2 will not only increase the expansion of your system affordably but also relieve your main controller for further function add on’s.

Some examples of use -

1. You already have a ProfiLux but are running out of room for other add ons. The 2 light can split your controlling needs by seperating upper tank control devises such as lights and pumps from your main unit, left to control pH redox tank temp etc etc.

2. Not wanting to have full on system control just yet, the 2 light provides a happy medium between the huge features of the profiLux, providing you with the main features that most aquatic users require (or desire).

You can view the profiLux 2 Light here.

http://www.aqua-digital.com/index.php/ghl-profilux-controllers/ghl-profilux-light-2.html

back in stock at all retailers in 10 days, but stock is limited!

tui
11/18/2007, 12:40 PM
Hi

Can the ProfiLux View II be connected to the new GHL Profilux Light 2 using the RS485 Interface ?

Cheers

Matthias Gross
11/18/2007, 11:48 PM
Yes - the ProfiLux II Light has the same PC-connector as all ProfiLux devices (BTW: This is RS232, not 485)

CarlC
11/19/2007, 02:11 AM
I've had my II Light set up and running for two days now. It fit my situation perfectly. No problems. Couldn't be easier to get programed.

This is the perfect controller if your running a fish only system!

Carl

tui
11/19/2007, 10:08 AM
Thanks matthias & carlc

Could not see the RS232 in Aqua's description (it states it use's a RS485 connection to network & hook up to your PC)

http://www.aqua-digital.com/index.php/GHL-ProfiLux-Controllers/GHL-ProfiLux-Light-2-Controller/Detailed-product-flyer.html

Much appreciated

AQD_ottawa
11/19/2007, 10:19 AM
Empty your cache and reload the page, you will see the page had been updated

Connection is RS232

tui
11/19/2007, 10:34 AM
Cheers Aqua

Creetin
11/20/2007, 09:00 PM
Any idea when more is coming in??

AQD_ottawa
11/20/2007, 09:04 PM
Next week, Large shipment leaves Germany on Thursday and we will have it customs depending 6 days after that

ouuduy
11/25/2007, 11:30 PM
awesome piece of equipment

AQD_ottawa
11/26/2007, 06:45 AM
Yep, this is one unit that is high on many lists to santa this year!

:)

CarlC
11/26/2007, 08:08 AM
Matthias did a great job of packing so much into something no bigger than a power strip!

Carl

Fliger
11/28/2007, 04:21 PM
Carl, is there a quick and easy way to figure out how to program lights for timing? I don't know how to assign the plugs, and set the times. I also want to cut the lights out if the temp gets too high (I have the temp probe coming early next week). I don't have a computer and I'm having a hard time figuring out how to work this thing. The features are nice, but not exactly "intuitive". Matthias is going to get me the info but the time difference is challenging, and I'd really like to get this working tonight.

Here is mine, unfortunately its been sitting in the floor for a few weeks. To be fair, I wasn't born with a lot of patience. I'm sure its a great controller packed with features, but I just can't get it working! :(

http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l134/dfliger/Elos%20160XL/100_1710.jpg

Edit - I don't have a "computer". I have Macs. :lol:

AQD_ottawa
11/28/2007, 04:39 PM
Drop Matthias an email with a time that suits and I am sure he will be accomodating.

If no go due to times not working out , I will talk you through it next week when we are not so time challenged.

The support is there for you and so is the patience we just need to find a time that suits you best.

Failing that drop me an email with what you want to set up and we will go through it that way. best to start with one subject at a time, get that working and then move on.

Mac - try using an emulator

CarlC
11/28/2007, 04:45 PM
I am at work now so don't have it in front of me to explain how to do it manually. I initally did everything manually except the dimming curves. One thing I did do was read the manual a couple of times before doing anything to make sure I was familiar with it.

When I set up the dimming I re-did all the settings through my laptop. It is pretty straight forward doing it with the computer.

I used a "Cables To Go" serial to USB adaptor. Since I am running Vista I had to locate a driver for the cable online. All the drivers that come with the cable are supported to XP only. No issue's with using the CTG cable. I don't know if this would be the case with the more advanced Profilux controllers though.

I can talk you through it during the day tomorrow if needed. Michael is also pretty easy to get ahold of at Aqua Digital. Drop me a PM if you need help tomorrow.

Carl

AQD_ottawa
11/28/2007, 04:49 PM
Thanks Carl for offering support we appreciate it here, support from "in the field" users is often the best

Just let me know if you need any further help

Fliger
11/28/2007, 04:55 PM
No worries man, you and Matthias have been very nice! I was just thinking if Carl could help that would be awesome. The manual I have is really difficult to understand - and it spends a LOT of time talking about things I don't use. I have one that is a cut down version of the other Profilux units.

I don't want to use an emulator - I try to know as little IT as possible. Which is why I have Macs. :lol:

Fliger
11/28/2007, 11:20 PM
AQD - is there an easy way to describe how to manually assign the plugs, and to set their on off times? And then to cut the lights out if the temp gets too high? I read the directions again, and I'm having a real tough time. I'm SURE these will be very popular since for a little more than a Tunze multi controller (7095), you get so much more - and even more function for the Tunzes! So maybe it'll help some other folks. :)

I won't get to the difficult stuff until later. And by difficult, I do also own the 2x54W dimmable ballast, a Profilux 4-fan Breeze fan, and some Tunze with the GHL cords. I think I'll wait until I can borrow a PC to do that stuff. :lol:

AQD_ottawa
11/29/2007, 06:12 AM
I will do what I can for you, but if you are having trouble even with refering to the manual I would suggest borroing the computer sooner rather than later

It is best if you drop me an email I can then go through it better there instead of creating some huge thread here

AQD_ottawa
11/29/2007, 05:32 PM
NO EMAIL?

Let me know when you want help!

Fliger
11/29/2007, 05:55 PM
Hey man - sorry I haven't tried, I was tied up all day. I got an email from Matthias and will try to assign the plugs thru the "extra" feature. I did order the temp probe thru the local vendor, AZ Seabottom.

ga_reefer_guy
12/10/2007, 05:26 PM
Can this be used with the dosing pumps?

CarlC
12/10/2007, 05:33 PM
You could designate one of the sockets and set a specific single on-off time. I don't think you could set multiple on off cycles on the same socket though. Michael?

Carl

AQD_ottawa
12/10/2007, 06:59 PM
There is no S socket outlet to control dosing pumps on the Light 2 you may wish instead to consider the profiLux EX this is the entry level profilux that does have switchable outlets

ga_reefer_guy
12/12/2007, 12:21 PM
Gotcha

Matthias Gross
12/12/2007, 11:45 PM
let me make it clear:
- you can't connect our dosing pump unit on the ProfiLux Light because there is no connector (S-port) for this.
BUT
- you can switch on/off the line power of a stand-alone pump by programming a socket (timer or doser mode)