PDA

View Full Version : my new 8g bio cube

nano reef boy13
11/09/2007, 10:33 PM
I just set up an 8g bio cube and i was wondering what inverts i should put in there (crabs, shrimp). I was also wondering what kind of fish i could possibly put in there that wont pick at my corals (firefish, tank raised pecrula clown, goby's). So far i have a couple of expensive zoo's, a green metallic bubble coral, a pink and blue lobophelia, frogspawn, purple mushrooms, and a rare morph between a torch and a green frogspawn. The bio cube has 2 18 watt lights 1 10,000k white, and 1 true 03 atinic. I currently have like 10lbs of live rock (i know its to0 much but it'l be ok) and it has basic bio cube filtration. oh yeah my tanks been set up for at least a month lol

Ritten
11/09/2007, 10:39 PM
A green clown goby is a pretty and interesting fish that would probably entertain you as it perches on your different corals. A shrimp/goby pair would also be nice. I don't think I would put any "swimmers" in an 8 gallon.

nano reef boy13
11/09/2007, 10:44 PM
o0o0o ok...thanks...do you think a sexy shrimp will do ok in my tank becasue my local store just got a whole bunch in...or what about a pederson shrimp??? i heard that the pederson shrimp is really interesting to watch so is the sexy shrimp...lol

what kind of crabs do you recomend?? i ws thinking something like a couple of hermit crabs to eat the algae and an emerald crab to eat the algae and to stir up the sand...

mg426
11/09/2007, 11:29 PM
I am not a big fan of crabs. Snails do the job for me.

Ritten
11/09/2007, 11:50 PM
sexy shrimp would be really neat, I'm not familiar with pederson shrimp. I'm not fond of emerald crabs. I like scarlett hermit crabs.

reefD
11/10/2007, 12:04 AM
first let me ask whats your experience with saltwater tanks.?

nano reef boy13
11/10/2007, 10:02 PM
my experience is about a year and a half of setting up and maintaining bio cubes of all sizes...